Beginning Sunday, June 8, children ages six months through 10 years can dive into swimming lessons at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark. Whether your child is new to the water or simply learning to become a stronger swimmer, Aquatica will have a class for every skill level.
Classes will be taught by certified American Red Cross water safety instructors who can teach several skill levels, so a child can easily build their confidence in the water. Younger children will learn basic aquatic skills such as blowing bubbles and treading water. Advanced classes will focus on specific skills such as arm strokes and leg kicks, as well as emergency assist techniques.
“As the Texas temperatures continue to rise, SeaWorld and Aquatica San Antonio would like to stress the importance of making sure children learn how to swim,” said Tim Morrow, Vice President of Aquatica. “Research shows that if a child doesn’t learn to swim before the third grade, they likely never will.”
Parents will have the choice between two sessions through August 22:
- One Week Sessions: This class will meet every day for one week, Monday through Friday, starting on the Monday of their choice.
- Sunday Sessions: This class will meet every Sunday for five weeks starting from the day of their choice.
- Each session includes five classes that last 45 minutes. Classes will be offered at 10:30 a.m. Each session is $60 per student and $48 for students with a SeaWorld + Aquatica 1 Year or Platinum Pass. A SeaWorld + Aquatica Fun Card or Pass is required for admission to swimming lessons.
For specific dates, times and to make reservations, guests can call (800) 700-7786 or visit AquaticaSanAntonio.com.
- Parent & Child Aquatics (ages 6 months to 3 years) – Parents join their little ones in the pool for an exciting introduction to the world of aquatics.
- Preschool Aquatics (ages 4 and 5) – This beginners class teaches swimming basics like blowing bubbles and buoyancy. It’s a great way for kids to start feeling comfortable in the pool.
- Learn to Swim: Levels 1 & 2 (ages 6 and older) – Children will learn how to feel comfortable underwater – from blowing bubbles and treading water, to retrieving submerged objects and using both arms and legs to swim. (There are no prerequisites for this class.)
- Learn to Swim: Levels 3 & 4 (ages 6 and older) – In this advanced swimming class, children will learn more complex swimming strokes while having fun at the same time. (Children must have a Level 2 certificate or must demonstrate all completion requirements in order to progress into deeper water.)
About SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The Company has been creating innovative entertainment experiences that blend imagination with nature for more than 50 years and is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests a variety of up-close experiences, from animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, to thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011 SeaWorldParks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company maintains one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of species in zoological facilities and in the conservation of wild populations. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment also operates one of the world’s most respected programs to rescue, rehabilitate and return to the ocean marine animals that are ill, injured and orphaned. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 22,000 animals in need over the last four decades.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment employs more than 21,000 people nationwide.