PART 1: Nominee Application Instructions
DEADLINE: Friday, July 28, 2017 (5:00 P.M.)
Instructions for completing:
- Please complete a response for each category for which you want consideration.
- You will be able to complete a business description (250 words or less); list any applicable awards and honors; and upload up to (3) three marketing pieces, publications, financial statements and/or supporting documents.
- If you have any questions/concerns, please send an email to Lisa Arriazola.
Additional information regarding your nomination:
- Information provided to the North Chamber is treated as confidential and is reviewed solely for award selection.
- Biographies, photos, articles, marketing/promotional materials, publications, financial statements and other supporting information submitted will not be returned.
- The 2017 Small Business Leader of the Year Award will be selected from nominations and will be presented to a leader who demonstrates excellence in all categories and whose business has been established for at least 3 years
I. BUSINESS INNOVATION
Provide specific examples of outstanding creativity in your development of a new product or service, or in differentiating an existing product or service in a unique manner.
II. COMMUNITY SERVICE
List all levels of participation of service and offices held in civic and service organizations such as charitable activities, political pursuits, religious groups, chambers of commerce, industry/professional associations, etc. Involvement as a company effort may be included (walk-a-thon, food/blood drives, etc.)
III. EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Cite specific examples of how you enhanced employee relations within your small business through special programs, benefits, support, training or education.
IV. BUSINESS ACHIEVEMENT
Cite specific examples of your company’s business achievement through profitability increases, and personnel increases.
V. NEW BUSINESS
If your business has been in operation for less than (3) three years and more than (1) one year as of December 31, 2016, then describe your business and your vision, and detail your specific notable accomplishments since the inception of this business.
VI. NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION [501 (c)(3)]
How does your organization serve as an example and inspiration for others to follow?
Cite specific examples of your franchise business achievement through dramatic sales increases, profitability increases, and personnel increases. Include descriptions and dates of such business landmarks. Please include prevailing franchisor/parent company expectations and requirements that effect daily operations and business decisions.
A true leader by way of example and encouragement. Selflessly invests time and energy as an advocate to help others achieve success. Please provide examples.
IX. CONQUERING ADVERSITY
Demonstrates determination and courage while facing misfortune and/or overwhelming obstacles. This leader has continued to persevere and ultimately achieved business and personal success in spite of the odds.
X. VETERAN-OWNED AND VETERAN CERTIFIED
Provide details pertaining to length and branch of military service along with a copy of either a Veteran-Owned Business Certification or of a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Certification. Describe how long you have been in business, the nature of your business, the number of your employees, any business awards or accolades you have received and how your military service has prepared you for being an entrepreneur or how it has influenced your business operations.