Welcome to the 2019 North San Antonio Chamber Small Business Leaders Awards Nomination Application!
The annual North San Antonio Chamber Small Business Leaders Awards is an opportunity to highlight and share an inspiring story of success with the San Antonio business community. If you know an exemplary small business, this is your chance to help share that company’s story and honor local entrepreneurs!
Finalists and winners are selected by a panel of judges that make up the SBLA Selection Committee. The judges select winners based on demonstrated success in their respective award category. Though the criteria for selection varies with each award, well-done nominations tell a compelling story of the company’s path to success, obstacles overcome, unique talents, etc., and convey to the judges that the nominee has made a mark on the local business community.
Nomination Application Instructions
- You may only nominate for one category below.
- Be prepared to include both a company biography that encompasses the history of the business and its relevance to the award, as well as a personal biography of the owner including the personal narrative of the nominee as it relates to the award. Biographies MUST be between 250-300 words.
- Be prepared to include a high resolution company logo, a high resolution head-shot of owner, and 4 quality documents/photos that represent the company and/or owner’s journey to success.
- Deadline to submit application is 5:00 PM on Monday, July 15, 2019.
*Submissions that do not include all of the requested materials or do not meet the requested guidelines will not be considered.
- Nominees must be current members of the North San Antonio Chamber.
- Nominees must not be current members of the North San Antonio Chamber Board of Directors.
- Nominees must employ 99 or less full-time employees.
Please note: Biographies, photos, marketing/promotional materials, publications, financial statements and other supporting information submitted to the North San Antonio Chamber will not be returned. Any information provided to the North San Antonio Chamber will be treated as confidential and reviewed solely for award selection. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Gentry.
I. Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year
The recipient of the Education Institution of the Year Award is a small business that promotes the hospitality industry through travel, restaurants, or hotels.
II. Financial Services Business of the Year
The recipient of the Financial Services Award is a small business that provides banking, insurance, or investments in San Antonio.
III. Healthcare Business of the Year
The recipient of the Healthcare Award is a small business that provides or promotes health and wellness, hospital or emergency care, research, or innovative technology in the healthcare space.
IV. Manufacturer of the Year
The recipient of the Manufacturers Award is a small business that has worked or is currently working on a significant project in the last 12 months and that improves the economic vitality of San Antonio.
V. Military & Veteran Business of the Year
The recipient of the Military & Veterans Award is a small business that supports the military community.
VI. Non-Profit of the Year
The recipient of the Non-Profit Award is a 501(c) or government organization that advocates for goodwill for the city of San Antonio.
VII. Technology & Security Business of the Year
The recipient of the Technology & Security Award is a small business that perpetuates the advancement and notoriety of technology and cybersecurity in the San Antonio community.