Camp Metro day camps are held at the West Side Girl Scout Leadership Center, which provides a fun and exciting place for girls to enjoy their summer with a gymnasium, outside play equipment, STEM lab and art studio as well as a stage for performances and make believe. At Camp Metro, girls explore skills and interests in a variety of thematic areas such as community service, cultural arts, healthy living, environmental awareness and much more. Girls get the necessary guidance from adult volunteers and camp staff to develop their skills and understand how those skills can be used to make a difference in the world.
- Open to all girls in grades K-8 — no Girl Scout experience needed! Just pay an annual $15 membership fee in addition to the camp fee!
- Cost is $95/girl if registered by June 2; $120/girl if registration received June 3 or later — Edgewood ISD students eligible for additional 20% discount (scholarships available; completed application with registration form due Thurs., May 1 for consideration)
- Breakfast, lunch and snack served daily
- Drop off and pick up available from the Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center
- Camp runs daily Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. with before care beginning at 7 a.m., and after care until 6 p.m. available at an additional cost of $25/girl per week
About Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT): Based in San Antonio, Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas serves more than 33,000 girl members and adult volunteers in Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala counties. Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K-12 develop the courage to experience new adventures, the confidence to defy self-doubt and the character to impact a community.
For more information, visit girlscouts-swtx.org.